Top 5 things to do in Key West Florida:
Paradise – Bahia Honda State Park
Ever since I have visited Key West Florida, I cannot stop talking about. A month later, I am still remembering the most positive experience in the paradise. I combined a list of Top 5 things to do in Key West Floridaand that includes the list of things to complete while on the way there. This is Lina’s list. Feel free to add yours or disagree with my Top 5 things to do in Key West Florida, either way I would love to hear from you!
1) Stop by Joe’s Famous Hot Dogs and try one of the specials. Joe is a nice man and he is passionate about his hot dogs. He has ice cold fresh coconuts that he will open for you for $2 dollars only. This is the best price you will get. They sell them for $3-$5 in Key West. While enjoying a fresh coconut, go ahead and fill up your gas tank at the gas station nearby, because prices will only go up from that point on. You are welcome!
2) Book your stay in Marathon, Florida to save dollar bills and avoid construction and traffic. I stayed in Kingsail Resort Motel. Kingsail had a great deal on www.booking.com and was about 50% cheaper than places in Key West. Motels and Hotels are pretty old and definitely not “top notch”. I adored my place at Kingsail, it was clean, comfortable and relaxing
3) Visit Bahia Honda. People say that it is hard to find beaches in Key West Florida. The best place that locals recommended and that I absolutely fell in love with is called: Bahia Honda State Park. The entrance fee was $4 per person but the experience was priceless. There they have beaches, bathrooms, showers, picnic areas, snack bar, gift shop. You can participate in numerous activities such as kayaking, canoeing, snorkeling, bicycling, fishing, camping or you can even get married. This park is a must visit.
4) Drive to Key West, Florida and take a picture by the Southernmost Point. The actual address is: 400 South St, Key West, FL 33040 and they have a public beach nearby. There is always a line to take a picture by that concrete buoy and loads of tourists. Be patience and remember that you are closer to Cuba than to Florida mainland.
5) Go to Mallory Square and watch the sunset. I walked from the Southernmost point to Mallory Square and it took about 40 minutes. This was the most relaxing, refreshing walk and people in Key West are friendly. Everyone is enjoying the paradise and smiling from ear to ear. I did come across two wedding receptions. Key West Florida is a popular destination for a wedding and a honeymoon. If you want to get a seat, then arrive to Mallory Square early and watch the performers, browse through merchandise locals vendors sell and of course get some fresh coconut juice.
Breathe in and enjoy every moment around you. I fell in love with Key West and cannot wait to return and add more items to my Top 5 things to do in Key West Florida list.